Insert Computer user section
Welcome to the Insert Computer user-section. On this page you can download the latest plugins, manuals and FAQ for all Insert Computer models.
- Latest Firmware build: Version 1.0003 stable (November 2023)
- Latest Plugin build: 0.8.1 (December 2023)
- The IC2.1 and IC1.1 share the same plugin and firmware files.
To update to the lastest firmware, please download and install the latest (0.8.0 or higher) plugin first.
The windows VST3 plugin installer might be recognized as a virus because the plugin is connecting to the network to communicate with the Insert Computer, you can ignore/cancel that error.
The IC2.1 and IC1.1 firmware can be easily updated over the internet using the VST3/AU plugin.
Click anywhere in the white frontpanel in the plugin to open the firmware update dialog.
When there is new firmware avaialable this screen will appear.
Click update and the firmware will start updating. The screen will look something like this.
It’s possible that a multistage update is needed. In that case the unit will reboot multiple times and continue the updates by itself.
DON’T INTERRUPT the update process.
After all updates are done, the Insert Computer will reboot and will revert back to its previous state and the plugin will show 'update complete'. It’s good practice to re-open the plugin after a firmware update has finished.
- The IC1.1 can be updated over ethernet, the IC2.1 needs to be updated over a USB connection.
- The computer running the plugin needs an internet connection to download the firmware file.
The Insert Computers can automate settings and parameters, but in a slightly different way.
You might be used to automating all settings by hand, simply said, a parameter for each item/function. This might work OK for in the box plugins, but in a mastering environment with hardware, you don't want to switch between, let's say, 2 inserts, turn MS on, change output gain by using 4 different parameters. That would be unclear and prone for errors. The Insert Computers make use of automated snapshots instead. Within that snapshot multiple parameters are changed by the click of a single button, or by an automated change of 1 single snapshot. So you instantly change between 2 'presets' without it being an actual preset as in what we know presets do in plugins.
- In an album sequence, you can instantly switch between tracks by using different snapshots for each track and automate and save that within your project.
- You can AB between 2 settings/snapshots by clicking the corresponding button (1-10) in the plugin or by using the function key and buttons on the frontpanel
- You can instantly change between snapshots between multiple units with one single snapshot.
We decided that (for the moment) we don't release an AAX plugin for the IC series. But this doesn't mean you can not use the Insert Computers in ProTools. You can simply use a VST wrapper or Aux I/O. More on that can be found here.