IM2.1 Insert Machine
The IM2.1 2U 19 inch insert machine is ideal for the most demanding studios. The IM2.1 serves as an entirely transparent passive Insert Machine, and it also features bypassable active circuitry for functions such as input gain, mid/side processing, parallel processing, and stepped output gain. Utilizing our renowned analog circuitry, the IM2.1 includes 2 stereo inputs, 2 stereo outputs, and 8 stereo inserts (following the analog Tascam DB25 standard). Thanks to sealed relays, all inputs, outputs, and inserts remain fully passive, ensuring no alteration of sound during electronic switching.
The exceptionally transparent active input and output gains offer a gain range of +/- 5.5dB in 0.5dB steps. Inserts 1 and 2 are entirely passive and can be swapped in order. The blend circuit on insert 3 features two separate controls for wet and dry, allowing for fully independent gain blending and level matched AB'ing. Insert 4 is fully passive. Inserts 5/6 can operate in passive or mid/side mode, with individual mute buttons for mid and side. Additionally, the (bypassable) MS width can be adjusted from -6.5dB to +3.5dB. Inserts 7 and 8 are both fully passive, and insert 8 can be switched from pre to post.
- Connect up to 8 stereo analog processors and process to your liking, the centrepiece for the most demanding studios.
- All inputs, outputs and inserts switching employ sealed relays, ensuring a fully passive signal path.
- 2 stereo inputs (XLR), 8 stereo inserts (analog DB25 standard), 2 stereo outputs (XLR).
- Transparant active input and output gains.
- Blend/parallel processing with seperate wet/dry controls.
- Mid/side processing with bypassble width control and mid/side mute buttons.
Availability and prices
- Leadtime: approx 3 weeks after order
- Price starting at 3300 euro excluding 21% VAT and shipment.
- 2 stereo inputs with bypass-able stepped active gain (+/-5.5db) on both inputs, left/right swap and polarity swap
- insert 1 / 2 (passive) with order swap (1>2 or 2>1)
- insert 3 with blend/parallel processing using 2 stepped controls for wet and dry
- insert 4 (passive)
- insert 5 / 6 with switchable stereo/MS, bypassable width control and mid or side mute
- insert 7 (passive)
- insert 8 (passive) with pre/post swap functionallity
* All inserts follow the analog Tascam DB25 standard, click here for more information.
- 2 stereo outputs with global insert bypass and bypass-able active gain *
* The default output stepped attenuator is set to 0.5dB or 0.25dB per step with a max gain range of +/- 5.5dB or +/- 2.75dB.
* It's also possible to order the IM2.1 with a selectable gain-range of 0.25/0.5dB per step with a small toggle switch above the gain attenuator.
* A potmeter with a gain range of +/-10dB is also possible. This functionallity can also be used as a bypass gain compensation.
- Input and output using goldplated neutrik XLR's
- Inserts using goldplated DB25 analog tascam standard
- Maximum input level passive: >+24dBu
- Maximum input level active stages: +24dBu
- Noise level passive: <118dB(a)
- Noise level active: <116dB(a)
- Stereo crosstalk: <110dB(a)
- Stereo crosstalk mid/side: ~80dB(a)
- THD passive: 0.00042% (AD/DA limitations)
- THD active: 0.00045%
- Input voltage 100 to 240VAC 50/60HZ. (internal PSU)
- Power consumption minimum 5 watt maximum 30 watt
- Unit size: 2u 19 inch, depth 25cm
- Weight: approx 4kg